Incentive Incubator is an award-winning technological incubator in Israel, with an exceptional track record of nurturing seed-stage companies to success. Over the last eight years alone, it has twice won the Excellent Incubator Award and five of its companies have received the Excellent Incubator Company Award.
The first privatized incubator, Incentive is owned by Peregrine Ventures (www.peregrinevc.com), a venture capital fund with proven expertise in successful seed-stage investment. Incentive invests in medical device companies, with a focus on Single-Patient-Use-Devices (SPUD), as well as in software companies, with a focus on scalable B2B solutions.
Through extensive mentoring and networking support from the Incentive management team (see below), unprecedented numbers of Incentive companies reach significant milestones – such as clinical trials, sales, and strategic agreements – either during or shortly after the incubation period.
Yet another measure of Incentive’s outstanding ability to nurture seed-stage companies is the above-average success rate of raising follow-on investments. To date Incentive portfolio companies have raised more than $160 million.
We are proud that Incentive companies employ more than 300 people in Israel. Incentive and Peregrine also have a long history of dedicated industry and community leadership, as can be seen in the management team bios below.
- Lior Shahory – CEO, Peregrine Venture Partner
- Lior has been the CEO of Incentive since 2005, during which time Incentive was chosen twice as Israel’s leading incubator. Lior has extensive experience in early stage investments, strategic planning, business development and working with entrepreneurs to establish successful companies. Prior to joining Incentive Lior served as the Deputy Program Director of the Incubators Program. Lior holds an MBA from Tel Aviv University and a BA in Economics and Business Management from the University of Haifa. Lior serves on the Boards of Rocketick, Valire, CardioGard, Topsight, Jointech, Cartiheal and OticPharma on behalf of Incentive. Together with Peregrine Venture Partner Eyal Lifschitz, Lior is co-chair of the ITIF (Israel Technology Incubators Forum).
- Danny Hadar – VP Business Development
- Danny Hadar is responsible for attracting and screening potential new companies. He also provides active business development support to Incentive’s companies. Danny has over ten years experience in the fields of business analysis and business development, focusing on global high-tech markets. Prior to joining Incentive Danny worked for various software companies and was an entrepreneur and investor in the Software and Clean-Tech spaces. Danny holds an MBA from Duke University in North Carolina, and a BA in Computer Science from the Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic college. Danny serves on the Boards of White Source and Evolero on behalf of Incentive.
- Meital Nagar – Life Sciences Associate
- Meital Nagar assists in the process of attracting and screening potential new companies, specifically in the life sciences fields. Meital’s scientific research and development background provides strong support to Incentive’s activities and its portfolio companies. Meital holds an M.Sc. and a B.Sc. in Biotechnology (Magna Cum Laude) from the Bar-Ilan University and is a fourth year student towards her PhD at the Tel Aviv University, Sheba Medical Center.
- Elad Gazit – Senior Associate
- Elad Gazit assists in the process of attracting and screening potential new software companies. Elad has an extensive experience in startup companies and corporate environment, with over 10 years of experience in Business Development, Strategy Consulting, Product Management, IT and Software. Elad is a faculty member at the Wharton-IDC Global Consulting Practicum, he holds a B.A in Computer Science from the collage of management, Rishon Letzion and an MBA from IDC Herzliya.
Peregrine Ventures’ Team
Peregrine Ventures’ partners are dedicated to the business development efforts of the portfolio companies and are an integral part of Incentive’s management team
- Phillip Frost M.D., General Partner
- Phillip Frost M.D. is a General Partner and active Investment Committee member at Peregrine Ventures. From 1987 to January 26, 2006 he served as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of IVAX Corporation, a worldwide producer and marketer of generic and proprietary drugs. On January 26, 2006, IVAX completed a merger with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Dr. Frost now serves as Chairman of Teva. He is a member of the Board of Directors of IVAX Diagnostics, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Continucare Corporation and Cellular Technical Services Company, Inc. He is also a Director of Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. He is a member, and former Chairman, of the Board of Trustees of the University of Miami and a Co-Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the American Stock Exchange. With his many business accomplishments and notable positions in global companies, Dr. Frost is internationally recognized as one of the most influential persons in the life sciences sector. Dr. Frost is Peregrine’s Investment Committee Chairman.
- Eyal Lifschitz, General Partner
- Eyal Lifschitz is the CEO, General Partner and a Co-Founder of Peregrine Ventures. Eyal serves on behalf of Peregrine Ventures on the Boards of Neovasc Ltd. and Neurosonix Ltd. He also serves as a Director of Given Imaging (NASDAQ: GIVN). Prior to founding Peregrine Ventures, Eyal co-founded numerous medical technology companies including: 1990 to 1994: Director of Business Development, PharmaSys (acquired by Elan Corp. NYSE:ELN); 1994 to 2001: General Manager, ECR (acquired by AVX Corp. NYSE:AVX); 1997 to 2001: Director of Business Development, Visioncare Ophthalmic Technologies; 1999 to 2001: Director of Business Development, BioControl Ltd. Together with Incentive CEO Lior Shahory, Eyal co-chairs the ITIF. In addition, he sits on the executive committee of the IATI (Israel Advanced Technology Industries, formerly HTIA) and is Chairman of Gam&Gam, a non-profit organization.
- Boaz Lifschitz, General Partner
- Boaz Lifschitz is a General Partner and Co- Founder of Peregrine Ventures. Boaz serves on behalf of Peregrine Ventures on the Boards of Cartiheal Ltd., Cellvine Ltd. and as a Board observer in Rocketick Ltd. and others. Boaz also served as a Director of Neovasc Inc (TSXV: NVC) in 2009-2011. Prior to co-founding Peregrine Ventures, Boaz was a Co-founder of Visioncare Ltd. and BioControl Ltd. both biomedical device companies. He also served for a period of 4 years as the CFO and Director of the Chairman’s Office of VisionCare Ltd. Boaz also acquired vast experience in financing technology based companies, having been responsible for reviewing potential investments in early and mid-stage stage companies.